IF YOU WOULD LIKE A CONSULTATION PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE 562 799 9150
WHAT IS AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE?
- Autoimmune disease is a disease process when you have lost self tolerance and now the body starts to attack it’s own tissue. When you are finally diagnosed with the “disease” you have already lost 90% of the tissue that is being attacked. It also requires autoimmune antibodies as well and dysfunctions of the affect organ or tissue.
- Autoimmune reactivity is when the body is making autoimmune antibodies but has not yet become a disease.
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE?
There are many autoimmune diseases and reactions. Some of the most common are:
Hashimoto’s (thyroid), Grave’s disease (thyroid), SLE (Lupus), Multipule sclerosis, ALS (Lou Gerhig’s disease), Type 1 Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Juvenile RA, Addison’s, Sjogren disease, Reactive arthritis, Myasthenia Gravis, Celiac disease.
Systems that can have autoimmunity:
Red blood cells, connective tissue, eyes, blood vessels, joints, muscles and skin.
SOME FACTS ABOUT AUTOIMMUNITY:
- You can have autoimmunity in more than one tissue/system.
- If you have autoimmune reactions in one tissue there is a good chance you have it in more than one tissue.
- Autoimmune disease (not just reactions) have risen 400% since GMO foods have been introduced into our foods in 1996.
- Once you have autoimmunity you will always have autoimmunity. There are however some things that might be done in order to slow the process or go into remission.
WHY ARE WE DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO SUPPORTING AUTOIMMUNITY?
We not only focus on diet, nutrition and supplementation we also focus on the nervous system. Ultimately the nervous system controls the immune system BUT we need to address both in an autoimmune state. We also want to focus on is from a physiological level as well.
We focus on supporting and managing the immune system and not just the tissue or systems being affected. For example, if you have Hashimoto’s we look at what the thyroid is done but we also support the immune system.
We do a very comprehensive history and exam to determine what blood-work may be necessary in your particular case. This may included gluten testing, food allergies, and other environmental factors.
We are located in Los Alamitos, on the border of North Orange County and Los Angeles County, between Long Beach and Garden Grove. A short drive for your health!
Dr. Julie Brown D.C. is a Board Certified Chiropractic Neurologist has had special training with Dr. Ted Carrick D.C. through the Carrick Institute with a focus on mild traumatic brain injuries and concussion rehab. Since 2005, Dr. Brown has helped many patients improve their quality of life from conditions such as concussions, movement disorders, post concussive syndrome, vertigo, migraines, TMJ and chronic pain, just to name a few. She has the knowledge, equipment, experience and expertise that will help find solutions to your unanswered questions and symptoms. Stop just living with post concussive syndrome and start the path towards a better you by calling our office below.
If you are interested in getting baseline testing for your child or a team please call our office for more information or to schedule an appointment! (562) 799-9150
We are located in Los Alamitos, on the border of Los Angeles and Orange County, near Long Beach and Garden Grove. A short drive for one of the most important parts of your body – your brain.